Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Book Review: Black Widow by Lauren Runow

 Black Widow

 by Lauren Runow

Goodreads

Amazon

B&N


Preston

My wife’s dead. She killed herself right in front of me and it’s all my fault. My main goal now is to not mix my sexual needs with my emotional needs. Those are damaged forever. I bury my pain in a sex club that provides me an anonymous release. This way I never emotionally cheat on my wife. She was my forever. This is my right now.

Kamii
You name it I’ve read it. I love my erotic novels. After my husband was murdered, this is the only excitement I get out of my lonely, pathetic, workaholic life. That is, until I met Becca with her invitation to join her for one of my wildest book fantasies. Now I can be whoever I want to be, where no one knows my past and will never be my future.


My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


“That’s my life, a whole bunch of anymores.”

“… he completely takes me off guard when he slowly lowers his lips to my face and kisses every centimeter of my scar.  His loving touches melt my soul, and warm my heart, more than he could even imagine.”

My Review:


When I started reading, I had no idea Black Widow was a highly erotic story, although it also contained a romance and an intriguing mystery.  It proved to be a bit of a genre hybrid that kept me entertained for a day and taught me a bit about sex clubs.  The way this group participated in their secret members’ only club - it actually seemed on par with going to a gym and working out.  The main rule being that it was completely anonymous; no identities were used, masks were worn at all times, aliases were conjured.  That worked fine until someone was accused of a crime and needed to prove their alibi – oops.  That could present an embarrassing moment or two at the water cooler. 

Empress DJ



 Lauren Runow is the author of three Adult Contemporary Romance novels, Unwritten, Rewritten and Black Widow.

When Lauren isn't writing, you'll find her listening to music that speaks to her, at her local CrossFit, reading, or at the baseball field or skatepark with her boys. Her only vice is coffee, and she swears it makes her a better mom!

Lauren is a graduate from the Academy of Art in San Francisco and is the founder and co-owner of the community magazine she and her husband publish. She lives in Northern California with her husband and two sons.

You can also stay in touch through the social media links below.

Twitter at https://twitter.com/LaurenRunow

Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/laurenjrunow

Instagram at https://instagram.com/Lauren_Runow/

or sign up for her newsletter at www.laurenrunow.com

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete