Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book Review: Unexpected by Lilly Avalon

Unexpected-Lilly-Avalon

 Title: Unexpected

Author: Lilly Avalon

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Buy Links

Amazon US    Amazon CA   Amazon UK   B&N   iBooks   Smashwords


Goodreads

 

Synopsis:

Ever had one of those days? Alina Lyons is having one. Everything keeps falling apart and going wrong. Just when she thinks it couldn't get worse, it does. After a case of mistaken identity and a broken heart, she finds herself questioning the things she thought she knew. She wonders who she can turn to or trust anymore. An unlikely bond with her former best friend's ex, Ryan Wilcox, sends her life in a new direction. He offers her a place to stay while she gets her life back on track. His friendship is exactly what she's been missing—what she's been needing. Alina's never felt this alive. As time goes by, the dynamic of their relationship becomes more than either of them expected. A few innocent kisses could lead them in a new direction, but are they prepared for what's on the other side? Only one way to find out.
Unexpected-Story-Teaser-Lilly-Avalon

My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


“I’ve met my quota of bad things for the day.  It’s probably best for me to avoid leaving the house at this point.”

“There is something about sharing a sunset with someone you care about.  It’s profoundly spiritual, as if it connects you to that person in a way nothing else can.  It may have only lasted a brief moment in the entire span of our lives, but it’s something I’ll always carry with me no matter what happens tomorrow.”

“I want to hold this moment, with her hair braided and her blues eyes entranced.  I want to tuck it into my pocket and pull it out whenever I need a fix.” 

“It is entirely your fault for leaving him to fend the ladies off by himself.  I had to work my masterful powers of awesome to save the lad from the advances of promiscuous women.”

“There’s a pitter-patter in my chest as if I’m in high school and talking to my first crush.  Her words hit me deep, the impact of them leaving an imprint on the walls of my heart.”


“Love makes you vulnerable and invincible at the same time; true love, makes you soar.”

My Review:

Unexpected is an excellent title for this book, as it was an unexpected pleasure to read this loving and tender romance with a sweet and caring young man being all supportive and patient with a stunned young woman he barely knows, but is having an inordinate amount of bad luck.  I found Ms. Avalon’s writing to be refreshing, humorous, entertaining, and thoughtful, with just enough delightfully sensual teases and steamy scenes sprinkled throughout to keep my heart and respiration rates up.  I have added her entire listing to my TBR and look forward to reading more of her work. 


Empress DJ


Unexpected-True-Love-Teaser-Lilly-Avalon Unexpected-Sometimes-Teaser-Lilly-Avalon


authorphoto   Lilly Avalon is the author of the RESIST series as well as other erotic romances. She's somewhere in the midst of her twenties and lives mostly in the stories in her head. When she's not enveloped in the worlds she creates, she's out in the real world making stories happen. That or reading other romances. It's a toss-up. Stay up-to-date with the latest Lilly Avalon news by subscribing to her newsletter.

Author Links:
 photo iconwebsite-32x32_zps1f477f69.png  photo icontwitter-32x32_zpsae13e2b2.png  photo icongoodreads32_zps60f83491.png  photo iconfacebook-32x32_zps64a79d4a.png
   

No comments:

Post a Comment