Friday, April 17, 2015

Book Review: Elle by Emma Mars

ElleAbout Elle

Author: Emma Mars
Print Length: 448 pages
 Publisher: Harper Perennial (April 7, 2015)


Emma Mars delivers the sexy, enticing sequel to her first novel Hotelles and follows the adventures of a young French woman as she continues her carnal education in a mysterious Parisian hotel. In a hotel room in Paris, a young woman named Elle experiences the most exquisite freedom and sensual pleasure she has ever known, thanks to Louie, the man who has conquered her completely. So many things in life have changed since they first met. Her engagement to Louie's deceptive brother, David, has been broken. Her mother has died. Yet Elle is wholly fulfilled with Louie, the master who heightens her senses and unleashes her deep, seductive power. In the alluring Hôtel des Charmes, Louie takes Elle beyond her wildest fantasies. Exploring the boudoirs devoted to other courtesans—Mademoiselle Josephine, Deschamps, Kitty Fisher, Cora Pearl, and Valtesse de La Bigne—Elle willingly opens herself further. In sublime self-abandonment she discovers absolute ecstasy, absolute sweetness, absolute desire. Then David unexpectedly returns, stirring up painful memories and threatening their bliss. Elle fears her education may soon be over. . . . She does not understand that it has only just begun.


Add to Goodreads badge

Purchase Links

My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


“I was perhaps new to the game, but I wasn’t exactly scribbling with crayons, was I?  Could I be that bad?”

“That was total nonsense, but I loved using popular adages and mixing my metaphors: That’s the pot flying off the handle.  Don’t throw kettles in glass houses.”

“All this information was churning through me like a chemistry experiment gone wrong.”


My Review:



Elle continues where Hotelles ended, so you really need to read the first book in the series to understand what is going on.  Elle is far more erotic than Hotelles, and at times was more than a bit cringe-worthy for me… although the mystery and intrigue continue to be front and center, and are even more fascinating than in book one.  The plot is ingenious, and the clues and mystery are well-paced, although I found myself impatient at times.  But the ending, I am not entirely sure what happened… I am still a bit stunned.  So I am scratching my head and hoping that the third book is coming soon - as so much was left unresolved.  I have many unanswered questions… damn, I am hooked.  When will I ever learn?!?

Empress DJ

About Emma Mars

Emma Mars is the pseudonym of an author who lives in France. Check out Hotelles on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment