Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Book Review: Stolen Goods by Penelope L'Amoreaux

Stolen Goods 

Penelope L'Amoreaux

A Dark Erotic Romance 

The sequel to the dark romance "Struck Down." 

                          .   


Our love was first tested by fire.

I had surrendered completely to him. We tried to let go of our pasts.

His past didn't want to let go. It had claws.

How much hurt can two people go through before it ruins them? How much pain and betrayal before they doubt each other?

Everything good has been stolen from us and I'm not sure we can get it back.

This story contains dark material and may make some readers uncomfortable. It is for ages eighteen and up
.


My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


“She knew how to bring me back to myself.  Better than drugs, better than the therapy I vehemently refused, Renee made me myself again.”

“Submission wasn’t about pain.  It was about this, this gift of her body to my every will.”


My Review:


This is my first Penelope L'Amoreaux read, and I was intrigued and entertained.  She has mad skills and a flair for writing.  Her scenes were taut and conveyed just the right emotional aspects to maintain the anxiety and tension.  I was at a bit of a loss as I had not read the first in the series but it was relatively easy to pick up on the story line.  I read the book in one sitting, and found I didn’t want to put it down, although some scenes were harder to get through.  It always disturbs me a little bit how much these dark books affect me while I am reading.  I enjoy the well written ones like this, as they are smoking hawt, but although I keep trying, but I just cannot fully comprehend consensual submission.  I cannot wrap my head around actually enjoying being beaten, bitten, cut with a knife, poorly treated, and threatened.  I am just too much of a bossy bitch, and I don’t like pain, or anybody telling me what to do, or when to do it, or what I cannot do.  Although it doesn’t bother me one bit if other people want to live that way.  I don’t much enjoy the non-consensual scenes, but they served a purpose in the story.  If I were her, I would have hacked their sacred members off with a dull steak knife, but she must be a more forgiving soul than I am, she just set them on fire and shot them – power on sister!

Empress DJ




Penelope L'Amoreaux grew up in North Carolina but never fully mastered the accent. She skipped a lot of high school and went to more colleges than Sarah Palin. It took a long time to find something she loved doing enough to stick with it. A love of erotica combined with a love of story telling has given her focus and the desire to tell as many naughty stories as she can. When she isn't writing, she helps build airplanes and rocket ships, attempts to do yoga, and drinks a lot of red wine. 

P. lives in Raleigh, NC.

Sign up for her newsletter here!http://eepurl.com/Nm_U9

No comments:

Post a Comment