Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Seven Bullets- Cloud Buchholz Review


18692266
Book: Seven Bullets
Author: Cloud Buchholz 
Genre: Choose Your Own Adventure (Action, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-fi, Thriller)

Book Synopsis:
You’re a skilled assassin ready to retire, but before you can call it quits, the Boss kidnaps your little sister, and now you need to use your arsenal of deadly skills to get her back. Will you make the choices that bring her home safely? Or will you get caught in a web of intrigue, assassins, and deadly combat? Only you can decide how this story ends...Do you have what it takes to survive?

Seven Bullets contains 280k words, more than 470 unique choices, and over 80 different endings. If you’re a kid looking for adventure or a grownup nostalgic for the Choose Your Own Adventure books of the 80’s, Seven Bullets has what you’re looking for.


Book Review:
This is the first time I've ever been asked to review an interactive book, and I'm very happy to say I don't regret it one bit. It was really interesting to make decisions for a change, instead of getting mad when the main character makes what I would feel to be the dumbest mistakes ever. No I can get mad at myself when I mess something up (better closure). 
The characters I ran in along the way (they won't be the same for everyone keep that in mind) were a real treat. Trusting some of them was very tricky to decide, and sometimes I made the "Right choice" and other times not so much. I believe what I truly enjoyed about this was the fact that it reminded me to life. The decisions that we make can have the biggest impact on the paths we take. Mine just happened to be me dying at the end but hey, thank goodness it was just a book because then I wouldn't be here to write this. 

Favorite Quotes:

"You hope bullets isn't on the breakfast menu."

"You wonder why Hallmark hasn't made ammunition. Nothing says I'm thinking of you like a bullet."

"Able frowns. You feel like you're going into battle with the three stooges. If someone throws a pie..."

"'Yeah alright," you shrug. 'Ill go with you. Besides, I've never seen a Ferralliise King before.'
'Few have,' Avengral agrees. 'And lived,' he adds with a stiff nod.' 
'We really need to work on your motivational speaking skills.'"

All in all:
I definitely loved this. It's nice to take a break from something familiar and step into doing something different. Having power to pick my fate in a book is definitely a treat and I recommend this book to someone who is looking for something different to do. Even if you're not, take a step out of your comfort realm and give it a try. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviewing Seven Bullets! If readers are interested, a free demo version of the book is available online: http://goo.gl/1LSnpW

    ReplyDelete