Monday, June 24, 2013

Social Suicide - Gemma Halliday Review



Book Series: Deadly Cool
Book: Social Suicide
Author: Gemma Halliday
Genre: Young Adult Mystery, Romance, Humor, Thriller

Book Synopsis: Twittercide: the killing of one human being by another while the victim is in the act of tweeting.

Call me crazy, but I figured writing for the Herbert Hoover High Homepage would be a pretty sweet gig. Pad the resume for college applications, get a first look at the gossip column, spend some time ogling the paper's brooding bad-boy editor, Chase Erikson. But on my first big story, things went . . . a little south. What should have been a normal interview with Sydney Sanders turned into me discovering the homecoming queen–hopeful dead in her pool. Electrocuted while Tweeting. Now, in addition to developing a reputation as HHH's resident body finder, I'm stuck trying to prove that Sydney's death wasn't suicide.

I'm starting to long for the days when my biggest worry was whether the cafeteria was serving pizza sticks or Tuesday Tacos. . . 

.

Book Review: 
I am definitely going to be wary of being on twitter after reading this book *logs out of twitter* yup no more for me for oh, I don't know, the next week or so. Our favorite nosy reporter is back, and Hartley has landed herself into more mess, I know go figure right. Twittercide has happened (don't make me explain what that is please don't it's bad enough I will forever know what that is know) and Hart just can't stay away from finding out all the dirty electrocuting details. 

This book has definitely lived up to th expectations that were left behind by book 1. Our favorite characters return with more action, suspense and witty humor. It took me a little bit before Hartley to figure out who the killer was, and I love that! I mean who wants to know who committed the twittercide halfway through the book. This book made my stomach knot up, made me aggravated, and laugh, a perfect combination.

Favorite Quotes:
“She went in the pool," she finished for me. "Ohmigod. She was killed while tweeting. It was Twittercide!”

"While shoving someone in a pool might not take a PhD, covering your tracks afterward did. I'd venture to say that if Jenni had been the one to off Sydney, her teased DNA would have been all over the crime scene."


All In All:
This book definitely lived up to my expectations that were left behind due to the first book. This book as well as the first book in the series kept me on my toes, and made me laugh. if you have read the first book but not the second, what are you waiting for? If you have not read the first one, then why are you sitting here reading this? get to work and grab the first one! Go! Go! Go!


Gemma Halliday Contact information:

Website: http://www.gemmahalliday.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/gemmahallidayca
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gemmahallidayauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment