Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My Colombian Recipes Website Review


Galletas de Milo (Milo Cookies)

When your taste buds explode into song and dance in your mouth, you know you have found some good food. If you love that feeling as much as I do, and you know how to cook, I have an amazing site for you to check out with recipes for some of the most tantalizing food from Columbia.
I found an amazing website for Colombian food. I get hungry every time i think about it. The website is called My Colombian Recipes, I posted the link down below for you to check it out. The website is easy to use, with little tabs on the side for you to click on where you can look at her recipes for deserts, appetizers, breakfast and what not. She is a sweet born and raised in Columbia woman who lives in the North East of the United States with her husband and family. I have to say, this woman has stole my heart with her cooking. She has several different flan recipes, and let me tell you how much I enjoy me some flan :P.
One of the things I loved was their recipe for a dessert she named Galletas de Milo, or in English, Milo cookies. Milo is a chocolate and malt powder, which is manufactured by Nestle. I used to love this when I was younger. Milo was one of the best things in the world to me, I think I actually used to eat just the powder (yes I have some serious chocolate problems). You don't need a lot of things to make this, all you need is:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 + 1/4 cup Milo
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons whole milk
3/4 cup chocolate chips
(Recipe ingrediants pulled from th website. This is not my recipe. Recipe Link: http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/galletas-de-milo-milo-cookies)
It's not a lot to make such delicious treats and this makes about 18 cookies. This woman is magic. A friend of mine saw me pining over them one day during my free block and the next day he came with a batch of them just for me! He followed it down to a tee and it was heavenly. Her recipes are perfect and delicious. If you are looking for some Colombian food to make because you need something to pass the time, or are just looking for some new Spanish cuisine to sample, My Colombian Recipes is the perfect place to head over. You will love it I promise you. 

Here is the link to the website for you to take a look for yourself:
http://www.mycolombianrecipes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment