Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzards Suck So Stay Warm




Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of posting but this stupid New England blizzard has had me in a tizzy. I have about 3-4 feet of snow in the last few days and then they say we might get more snow during the week? Nuh-uh I hate snow mega time >.>
So here are some good ways for you guys to stay warm in this terrible terrible weather x3  These are my earlier tips to you guys about getting warm but I added some more things c:



1. Ceiling Fans In Reverse
    How weird does that sound? Really weird that was what I thought when I heard about this to. If you have your ceiling fans running in the opposite direction however, it will push the warm air back to the ground toward you! How awesome is that?

2. Do some exercise

      I know it just sound so much better to sit there and do nothing. Just kind of huddle under the blankets rather than move, but trust this will work a lot faster. My years taking dance, we do warm ups and even when the room was ridiculously cold we would get warm in no time flat! Perhaps a little too warm -.- So why not jog around for a little bit, try to move around not just in place and then jump into some jumping jacks! Then go into a jog again, try some pushups whatever you feel comfortable doing. Try doing this for about 5-10 minutes and you will warm up considerably.

3. Clench and Unclench your fists
       When your hands get so cold you can barely feel them like mine did earlier, why don't you try clenching and unclenching your fists. It will get the circulation flowing back into your hands in no time.

4. Drink something warm
    This seems like one of those no duh answers to getting warm, but hey it works. Don't go drinking really hot hot chocolate, you will only burn your tongue and I don't think that is the kind of warmth that you want. Get something warm (warm hot chocolate is my favorite) and take a few sips here and there. You will feel it warming up your insides and your outsides in no time.

5. Hot bath
    Seems like the most obvious thing to do. Dip into a nice warm tub of water or stand under the spray of the shower. You will warm up in no time, even though you won't want to get out when you're done :P

6. Heat up a pot of water on the kitchen stove
    My mom always used to do this when I was younger, she still does it actually. Place a large pot of water on the stove and just let it boil. Believe it or not somehow it helps warm the place up faster, not just the kitchen.

7. Change your clothes
    Simple solution is to get out of the clothing you wore while out in the cold and slip into something nice and warm. It will instantly warm up your skin and help you get to homeostasis a lot faster :D

8. Eat something hot
    I don't mean some hot soup only. Try some spicy wings. It will burn you if you're not good with spices but you will get warmed up. You will just have to have a cup of some warm water to drink nearby, nothing cold otherwise eating those wings were pointless.

9. Hot Pack
    I am pretty sure you can get these at many places cheap, like I don't know say the dollar store. Just warm it up, wrap it in a tissue in case it is too hot (remember we don't want you to burn yourself) and hold it close to you or on the place where you feel you are the coldest. I do this all the time and it's a quick way to warm up my hands and toes.

Remember to make sure that no air can get in through cracks wherever you are because doing all this but having a draft will just make everything you did pointless sadly :c

I know these seem so simple but isn't that the point? I am not going to give you guys something that you have to go out and spend money on. I just want to keep it simple. Later guys! :D
~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment