Sunday, January 27, 2013

How To Get Warm, No Need To Turn Up The Thermostat

Hey guys! So I was outside not that long ago and I would like to point out... it was freezing cold. I had to pull up both of my hoods and stick my gloveless hands deep into my pockets. I probably looked really weird but hey I didn't freeze to death so it's all good. ^,^ So after this sucky morning experience I decided to share with you guys some good ways to get warm without turning up your thermostat. Give em a try and they will really do the trick for you c:

1. Ceiling Fans In Reverse
    How weird does that sound? Really weird that was what I thought when I heard about this to. If you have your ceiling fans running in the opposite direction however, it will push the warm air back to the ground toward you! How awesome is that?

2. Do some exercise

      I know it just sound so much better to sit there and do nothing. Just kind of huddle under the blankets rather than move, but trust this will work a lot faster. My years taking dance, we do warm ups and even when the room was ridiculously cold we would get warm in no time flat! Perhaps a little too warm -.- So why not jog around for a little bit, try to move around not just in place and then jump into some jumping jacks! Then go into a jog again, try some pushups whatever you feel comfortable doing. Try doing this for about 5-10 minutes and you will warm up considerably.

3. Clench and Unclench your fists
       When your hands get so cold you can barely feel them like mine did earlier, why don't you try clenching and unclenching your fists. It will get the circulation flowing back into your hands in no time.

4. Drink something warm
    This seems like one of those no duh answers to getting warm, but hey it works. Don't go drinking really hot hot chocolate, you will only burn your tongue and I don't think that is the kind of warmth that you want. Get something warm (warm hot chocolate is my favorite) and take a few sips here and there. You will feel it warming up your insides and your outsides in no time.

I know these seem so simple but isn't that the point? I am not going to give you guys something that you have to go out and spend money on. I just want to keep it simple. Later guys! :D
~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment